Brachioplasty Before and After photos, also known as an Arm Lift is the removal of excess skin from the upper arms. When patients suffer emotional strain from the appearance of their arms, going through an arm lift surgery just might be beneficial for them. Causes of flabby skin in the upper arm area could be due to aging, weight loss, or genetics.
Reasons for considering a Brachioplasty
Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
- Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Are you a good candidate for Brachioplasty?
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
You may be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery if:
- You are physically healthy
- The underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat
- You are aware and ok with a scar along your inner arm
- You have realistic expectations. It is very helpful to look at Brachioplasty Before and After pictures to assist you with you expectations and your decision process.
- You do not smoke. If you are a smoker, you are strongly encouraged to refrain from smoking for at least a week prior to your surgery date and continue to refrain from smoking for two weeks or until your incisions have healed. This will promote faster healing and reduce the risk of infection.
How is the procedure performed?
Our expert CRNAs will place the patient under IV sedation. The procedure takes a couple of hours and during that time the surgeon will crisscross incisions along the under arm to remove the excess fat. Once the skin is removed, it is then put back together with stitches. The patient must then wear compression wraps for the healing process.
Where is the surgery performed?
The surgery is performed in Estetica Institute’s accredited surgical center, in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Our surgeries are performed at our state of the art surgical ORs by a highly trained staff of professionals who all maintain the highest credentials. Our facility is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
How long does the surgery take?
Typically, a Breast Augmentation procedure takes about two hours to perform. Patient will recover for about a half-hour after the procedure, and then may go home.
Can I drive myself home?
You cannot drive yourself home after the surgery. We suggest that you arrange for a ride home with a friend or relative. We are happy to help you arrange for a ride and some overnight help if necessary.
Dr. Greg DeLange is a highly trained and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine and then completed his Surgery Residency at the University of Texas. After completing a year as Chief Resident, he followed his General Surgical training with an additional two years of Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious University of Florida Shands Hospital. Dr. DeLange has performed over 20,000 Plastic Surgical cases and is certified by the distinguished American Board of Plastic Surgery.