Meet Justin L. Bellamy, MD
Dr. Justin Bellamy is a Plastic surgeon specializing in aesthetic surgery of the face and body. He graduated with honors from Yale University followed by medical training at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and NYU Langone Medical Center. He subsequently completed advanced fellowship training in rhinoplasty and cutting-edge facelift techniques at Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute, the #1 aesthetic surgery training fellowship in the US. He has authored over 35 peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts, book chapters, and surgical video tutorials with a focus on aesthetic surgery. He is the recipient of several awards at national conferences for his dedication to improving aesthetic surgery outcomes.
Dr. Bellamy was born and raised in California, educated in the Northeast, and now lives and practices in the Palm Beach area. Dr. Bellamy brings his warm professionalism and passion for excellence in plastic surgery to Estetica Plastic Surgery Institute, where he offers the full gamut of plastic surgery procedures. From rhinoplasty to facial rejuvenation, to breast augmentation, to body contouring, Dr. Bellamy will work with you to attain your aesthetic goals with a beautiful and lasting result.
Undergraduate: Yale University (New Haven, CT), 2005-2009
Medical School: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (Baltimore, MD), 2009-2014
General Surgery (Combined): NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY), 2014-2017
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY), 2017-2020
Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship: Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute (Dallas, TX), 2020-2021
New York (active)
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Bellamy JL, Rodriguez ED, Dorafshar AH et al. Severe Infectious Complications Following Frontal Sinus Fracture: the Impact of Operative Delay and Perioperative Antibiotics. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2013 Jul;132(1):154-62, 2013. PMID: 23806917.
*A retrospective cohort study demonstrating the importance of early intervention for frontal sinus fractures to prevent serious infections.
- Bellamy JL, Rodriguez ED, Dorafshar AH et al. Le Fort II fractures are associated with death: a comparison of simple and complex midface fractures. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Sep;71(9):1556-62. PMID: 23866783.
*A retrospective cohort study comparing death and occult intracranial injury rates between simple and complex midface fractures.
- Bellamy JL, Rodriguez ED, Dorafshar AH. Facial Fractures of the Upper Craniofacial Skeleton Predict Mortality and Occult Intracranial Injury after Blunt Trauma: an Analysis of 4,540 Patients. J Craniofac Surg. 2013 Nov;24(6):1922-6. PMID: 24220374.
*A retrospective cohort study comparing the predictive value of several regional fracture patterns for death and occult intracranial injury.
- Hur K, Ohkuma R, Bellamy JL at al. Patient-Reported Assessment of Functional Gait Outcomes Following Superior Gluteal Artery Perforator Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg – GO. 2013 Sept 10;1(5):e31. PMID: 25289225.
*A study utilizing the validated Lower Extremity Functional Score (LEFS) survey to evaluate gait and lower extremity function after bilateral SGAP
reconstruction compared to those undergoing bilateral DIEP flap reconstruction.
- Reddy SK, Khalifian S, Flores JM, Bellamy JL, Manson PN, Rodriguez ED, Dorafshar AH. Clinical Outcomes in Cranioplasty – Risk Factors and Choice of Reconstructive Material. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2014 Apr;133(4):864-73. PMID:
*A retrospective cohort study comparing complication rates for alloplastic versus autogenous cranioplasty reconstruction.
- Utria AF, Mundinger GS, Bellamy JL, Dorafshar AH et al. Do Adjunctive Flap Monitoring Technologies Impact Clinical Decision Making? An Analysis of Microsurgeon Preferences and Behavior by Body Region. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2015 Mar;135(3):883-92. 2014 Dec. PMID: 25502856.
*A retrospective cohort study comparing reoperation rates by age at initial cranioplasty in syndromic craniosynostoses.
- Bellamy JL, Mundinger GS, Flores JM, Wimmers E, Yalanis GC, Rodriguez ED, Sacks JM. Do Adjunctive Flap Monitoring Technologies Impact Clinical Decision Making? An Analysis of Microsurgeon Preferences and Behavior by Body Region. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2015 Mar;135(3):883-92. PMID: 25719704.
*A national survey and evaluating microsurgeon preferences and clinical behavior with six newer perfusion monitoring technologies relative to standard cutaneous handheld Doppler
- Broyles JM, Jones D, Bellamy J, Manson PN,Dorafshar AH at al. Pediatric Orbital Floor Fractures: Outcome Analysis of 72 Children with Orbital Floor Fractures. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2015 Oct;136(4):822-8. PMID: 26397254.
*A retrospective cohort study of pediatric patients with isolated orbital floor fractures evaluating the impact of operative management on enophthalmos and visual acuity.
- Vranis NM, Mundinger GS, Bellamy JL, Rodriguez ED et al. Extracapsular Mandibular Condyle Fractures are Associated with Severe Blunt Internal Carotid Artery Injury: Analysis of 605 Patients. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2015 Oct;136(4):811-21. PMID: 26090769.
* A large retrospective cohort study evaluating the risk of blunt carotid artery injury in patients with condylar & subcondylar fractures
- Mundinger GS, Bellamy JL, Dorafshar AH et al. Defining Population-Specific Craniofacial Fracture Patterns and Resource Use in Geriatric Patients: A Comparative Study of Blunt Craniofacial Fractures in Geriatric versus Nongeriatric Adult Patients. Plas Reconstr Surg. 2016 Feb;137(s):386e-393e. PMID: 26818329.
*A large retrospective cohort study comparing blunt facial fractures in the elderly versus adults, and the predictors of increased length of stay among these patients.
- Vaca EE, Bellamy JL, Sinno S, Rodriguez ED. Management of High-energy Avulsive Ballistic Facial Injury: a Review of the Literature and Algorithmic Approach. Plas Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2018 Mar 19;6(3):e1639. PMID: 29707453.
*A systematic review of management strategies and operative timing for massive avulsive ballistic trauma of the face with review of an algorithmic approach using a demonstrative case
- Rohrich R, Alleyne B, Bellamy J, Chamata E. Invited Discussion on: Nostril Surgery: Indications, Surgical Procedures and Outcomes-A Systematic Review of Published Cases. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2020 Sept. PMID: 32926186.
- Rohrich RJ, Bellamy JB, Alleyne B. Assessing Long Term Outcomes in Breast Implant Illness – The Missing Link? A Systematic Review. Plas Reconstr Surg.
- Rohrich RJ, Bellamy JB, Chamata E, Alleyne B. Evolution in Rhinoplasty Tip Shaping: Beyond the Tripod Concept. Plas Reconstr Surg.
Case Reports and Other Articles
- Shridharani SM, Bellamy JL, Mofid MM, Singh NK. Breast Augmentation. June 2013. PMID: 23840915.
*An Interesting Case review of breast augmentation with discussion of evidence for several important issues in breast augmentation.
- Bellamy JL, Steinbacher DM, DeBrux JC, Magarakis MM, Rosson GD. Treatment of Recurrent Lingual Nerve End-Neuroma: A Case Report. Microsurgery. September 2013. PMID: 24014380.
*A case report of the successful surgical management of a distal lingual nerve end-neuroma.
- Rifkin WJ, Bellamy JL, Kantar RS, Farber SJ, Diaz-Siso JR, Brecht LE, Rodriguez ED. Autologous Reconstruction of a Face Transplant Candidate. Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction. June 2019. PMID: 31073366.
- Shridharani SM, Bellamy JL. Injection Lipolysis. Plastic Surgery Education Network.
- Novak M, Bellamy J, Rohrich R. Tip Reduction & Refinement Manuevers. In: Clinic in Plastic Surgery 49.1. Editors: Sam Most & Alan Matarasso.
- Alleyne B, Rohrich R, Bellamy J.
- Rohrich R, Brown S, Bellamy J. The Lift & Fill Facelift. In: Plastic Surgery, 5th edition, Neligan.
- Shridharani SM, Bellamy JL, Sacks JM, Tufaro AP. Current Options in Head and Neck Reconstruction. In: International Flap Manual. Thieme, New York, Kayvan Shokrollahi, M.D., Iain Whitaker, M.D., and Foad Nahai, M.D., 2013.
- Shridharani SM, Bellamy J, Mitchell EA. Injection lipolysis of the neck. In: Liposuction and Emerging Technologies in Body Contouring. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, Christopher T Chia, M.D. and Spero Theodorou, M.D., 2016.
- Bellamy JL, Syed U, Shridharani SM. Nodules & Granuloma. In: Dermal Filler Complications: Prevention and Management. Thieme, New York, Neil Sadick, MD.
- Syed U, Bellamy JL, Shridharani SM. Infectious Complications. In: Dermal Filler Complications: Prevention and Management. Thieme, New York, Neil Sadick, MD.
Recipient of The Aesthetic Society Gaspar W. Anastasia Award Winner for Best Paper 2020, “Septal Extension Grafts Provide Greater LONG-TERM Stability THAN Columellar Strut Grafts in Primary Rhinoplasty”