Breast Lift Before and After
Breast Lift Before and After – Breast Lift, also known as Mastopexy, is a procedure for women who have lost the shape of their breasts due to breast feeding, weight loss, age and gravity. The surgery raises and firms the breast by removing excess skin and tightening the breast tissue to reshape and support the new contour. Patients often combine breast lift surgery with breast augmentation in order to lift and enhance the size of their breasts.
Breasts that have lost their shape can negatively affect a woman’s self-confidence and self-image.
Reasons for considering a Breast Lift
A Breast Lift is a procedure you should consider if you want to:
- Lift breasts that have fallen due to age
- Create symmetrical areolas and nipples
- Reshape and contour breasts after weight loss or breast feeding
- You are physically healthy
- Have realistic expectations. It is very helpful to look at Before and After pictures to assist you with you expectations and your decision process.
- Are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too saggy or droopy
- Have nipples and areolas that point downward
- Dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- OK with having slight scars on your breasts
- You are well informed about how the procedure is performed and the potential risks
- Not planning on breastfeeding
- You do not smoke. If you are a smoker, you are strongly encouraged to refrain from smoking for at least a week prior to your surgery date and continue to refrain from smoking for two weeks or until your incisions have healed. This is very important since it will promote faster healing and reduce the risk of infection.
Are you a good candidate for a Breast Lift?
A good way to determine if you could benefit from a breast lift, is placing a pencil in the crease underneath your breast, if the sagging tissue holds the pencil in place without the use of your hands, you could benefit from a breast lift. You are a good candidate for a Breast Lift surgery if you:
What a Breast Lift Surgery won’t do
Breast Lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast.
If you want your breasts to look fuller, consider a Breast Augmentation in conjunction with a Breast Lift.
If you want smaller breasts, consider a Breast Reduction in combination with a Breast Lift.
Our physician will assist you in making these decisions.
How is the procedure performed?
Our expert CRNAs will place the patient under IV sedation. The Breast Lift procedure usually takes about two hours. Incisions made based on the individual breast size and shape help to remove excess skin and tissue therefore lifting the breast. Normally the areola and nipple are placed higher than before, and the lower breast tissue and skin are brought together to tighten the lower pole of the breast. The incision lines are permanent but in most cases fade and improve significantly with time.
Some women do not need an extensive mastopexy. Hence, these women can go through a smaller procedure known as the concentric or Bennelli mastopexy. A small area of skin is removed from around the areola during the procedure. More recent techniques have been changing for minimal incisions and nipple sensation reducing surgeries.
Dr. Greg DeLange is a highly trained and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine and then completed his Surgery Residency at the University of Texas. After completing a year as Chief Resident, he followed his General Surgical training with an additional two years of Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious University of Florida Shands Hospital. Dr. DeLange has performed over 20,000 Plastic Surgical cases and is certified by the distinguished American Board of Plastic Surgery.