TUMMY TUCK SURGERY
Tummy Tuck Surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen. In most cases it also restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
We all strive for a flat and well-toned abdomen through exercise and weight control. Unfortunately, sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals. The abdominoplasty procedure is one of the most exciting and life-changing procedures we perform at Estetica Institute. In just two hours, a loose and bulging abdomen can be transformed into a tight, sexy stomach. During a tummy tuck procedure, the muscles of the abdominal wall are also tightened to eliminate the bulge that can be so annoying particularly after pregnancy.
Reasons for considering a Tummy Tuck
· Remove skin that has lost elasticity after extreme weight loss.
· Tighten loose abdominal muscles due to pregnancy or weight gain
· Achieve a more youthful abdomen and remove any unwanted fatty deposits. Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging.
Are you a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Candidates for an Abdominoplasty should be in relatively good shape, with large fatty deposits or loose skin that won’t respond to diet or exercise. You may be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck surgery if:
· You’re physically healthy
· You have excess skin in your abdomen that will not improve with diet or exercise.
· The shape of your abdomen has been affected by pregnancy or massive weight loss.
· You feel that your protruding abdomen is unattractive.
· You have realistic expectations. It is very helpful to look at Before and After pictures to assist you with you expectations and your decision process.
Dr. Greg DeLange is a highly trained and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine and then completed his Surgery Residency at the University of Texas. After completing a year as Chief Resident, he followed his General Surgical training with an additional two years of Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious University of Florida Shands Hospital. Dr. DeLange has performed over 20,000 Plastic Surgical cases and is certified by the distinguished American Board of Plastic Surgery.