Excel V Laser Treatment
The Excel V Laser System is a new and state-of-the-art laser technology for treating vascular skin conditions and pigmented lesions including sunspots. The Excel V Laser System uses a high power green laser to target abnormal blood vessels and pigment in the skin. As these vessels or pigment cells are targeted, they are eliminated and skin is returned to it’s natural color and tone. Excel V is can be altered to be compatible with each patient’s skin condition. Excel V also has an adjustable spot size which allows for precise and effective treatment from both superficial and deeper problems. To ensure patient comfort, this laser uses new cooling technologies which produce continuous cooling before, during, and after the laser pulse.
The vast majority of people are affected by some kind of skin condition, either chronic or cosmetic, which cause unsightly broken blood vessels to appear on the face and leg.
Traditional approaches to treating these conditions are largely limited to electrosurgery, sclerotherapy and surgical destruction of veins and vessels, each of which pose significant disadvantages. For example, electrosurgery, a procedure in which an electrode needle is used to destroy skin lesions, is rather painful and may cause craters in the skin. Similarly, sclerotherapy, commonly used to treat spider veins, is an invasive procedure that requires patients to wear compression stockings after treatment and includes an injection.
Which Conditions Does it Treat?
- Spider veins
- Leg veins
- Rosacea, Diffuse Redness
- Facial Telangiectasias
- Port Wine Stains
- Sun Spots
- Brown Pigmentation
- Cherry Angiomas
- Large Pores
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Uneven Texture
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
The number of treatments depends on various parameters, including the size, thickness and color of the vascular lesion. Superficial vascular lesions are usually easiest to treat. Some patients might see significant improvement after just one treatment.
How Much Does Excel V treatment Cost?
Excel V cost varies depending on the size of the area and the condition being treated. It can range from $100 to $800 per treatment. During your consultation our high level medical staff will customize your treatment needs and disclose final pricing.
What Are the Possible Side Effects?
Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur. These side affects resolve after about one week.
Post Treatment Instructions
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing)
- History of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After Vascular and Pigmented Lesion Treatment Instructions
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness, and swelling are common and resolve with time
- A “Bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2 days
- Avoid heat and hot tubs for 1-2 days
- Avoid irritants for two weeks post treatment such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic/salicylic acids
- Leg vein treatments only: Compression stockings are optional. Avoid high impact for 3-5 days. Rarely, hemosiderin staining (brown staining) may occur after a treatment and usually resolves with time (1-2 years) but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent.
For more information about this laser treatment, please contact us at 561-776-9555 to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Greg DeLange is a highly trained and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine and then completed his Surgery Residency at the University of Texas. After completing a year as Chief Resident, he followed his General Surgical training with an additional two years of Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious University of Florida Shands Hospital. Dr. DeLange has performed over 20,000 Plastic Surgical cases and is certified by the distinguished American Board of Plastic Surgery.