or Lipoplasty is a procedure that slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion, and ultimately, enhancing your self image. Liposuction techniques may be used to reduce localized fat deposits of the:
- Hips and buttocks
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
- Chest area
- Underneath the chin and neck
- Calves and ankles
Liposuction can be performed alone or along with other plastic surgery procedures, such as a Facelift, Breast Reduction or Tummy Tuck. It can be performed wherever there are excess fat deposits and quite often more than one area is treated at a time during surgery. The results are immediate and impressive.
If you’re having a problem losing weight in certain areas, this procedure could be the solution for you. This should not be your solution to weight loss, just a treatment for those stubborn areas. Liposuction can dramatically or subtly provide for a more symmetrical appearance.
Reasons for considering Liposuction
If you are bothered by excess fat deposits, located anywhere on your body, that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you
Are you a good candidate for Liposuction?
Liposuction works equally well for both Women and Men. You may be a good candidate for liposuction surgery if:
- You are physically healthy
- Have realistic expectations. It is very helpful to look at Before and After pictures to assist you with you expectations and your decision process.
- Are an adult within 30% of your ideal weight and have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- You do not smoke. Smokers are strongly encouraged to refrain from smoking for at least a week prior to your surgery date and continue to refrain from smoking for two weeks or until your incisions have healed. This will promote faster healing and reduce the risk of infection.
Dr. Greg DeLange is a highly trained and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine and then completed his Surgery Residency at the University of Texas. After completing a year as Chief Resident, he followed his General Surgical training with an additional two years of Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious University of Florida Shands Hospital. Dr. DeLange has performed over 20,000 Plastic Surgical cases and is certified by the distinguished American Board of Plastic Surgery.