October 23, 2018
Whether you’re heading to the beach to soak up some sun or into the city for a girls weekend, you’re going to want to look and feel you’re best! Airplane travel can take a toll on your skin and make it harder to look good when traveling. Luckily, we have some great quick and easy tips to help you feeling and looking your best!
- First and foremost is to hydrate. No matter where you are headed, water is key! Drinking water before and during your travel day, whether it be a plane, train or automobile, will keep your body feeling healthy and your skin looking fresh. Staying hydrated will help to prevent any headaches or exhaustion you might normally have during traveling as well as help with digestion.
- Moisturize your skin before setting forth on the journey. If you are traveling by plane, the high altitude and intense air conditioning on an airplane is bound to dry out your skin. It is best to generously apply your daily facial moisturizer before the flight. In addition to a moisturizer, bring along spring water toner in a spray bottle to spritz on dehydrated skin. Spring water is incredibly hydrating, so if you spray it directly on your face, it gets moisture into the skin immediately.
- Your lips are also as important as the skin of your face, so don’t neglect them. While traveling your lips are susceptible to crinkling and cracking for loss of fluids. Apply lip balm regularly to ensure completely smooth, hydrated lips while you’re traveling. When you land, you can apply a color and gloss for the extra wow factor, and your lips will be smooth and beautiful!
- Carry cleansing wipes with you and wipe off the excess oil or dirt from your face. Also carry good quality cleansing hand wipe with you or hand sanitizer. Germs are everywhere when you travel.
With these quick and easy tips, you’ re sure to transition from plane to beach seamlessly and looking beautiful!
- Sleep! Sleep, sleep, sleep when you can! We tend to watch tv or movies when we travel. If you have the chance to rest your mind and catch up on a little sleep, don’t neglect it!
- Try to avoid alcohol while traveling, especially air travel. It won’t do any favors, and instead it can easily disrupt your sleep pattern. It will also dehydrate your skin.
- Eat healthy while traveling. Try to avoid cheesy and fried foods as the reaction can show on the face by making it dull and dry. Have fresh fruits, veggie sandwiches, almonds and walnuts.